Keep It Cool Folks
No one likes a shiny face!
If you are loving the summer heat but are having troubles staying cool, here are a few tips to help you beat the sun.
- Change your workout schedule to either early in the morning or late at night. Things tend to be a bit cooler at those times.
- Wear cottons if possible and lose fitting clothing is ideal.
- Fill a spray bottle with water and refrigerate it so it stays cool. You can also do this with your lotion and toners.
- Keep a fan on so the air continues to circulate.
- Freeze your water that way as the day progresses; your water will stay cold while melting.
- If you are wearing a hat, pour some cool water in it before you put it on your head.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol, not only do they dehydrate you but they make you puffy as well.
- If you are really hot, swing by a store or mall that has air conditioning in it.
- Don’t be afraid of the shade; make sure you use your common sense!
- Your neck and wrists are cooling points, put a bandana or scarf in the freezer and tie it around one of these spots when you start to feel overheated